“ Ready?! ” Anton screams..
“ YES !! ” I replied, with very much enthusiasm on what I will encounter in the next few seconds.
“ Okay!! Now paddle... STAND!! ”, my dearest instructor scream on top of his lungs.
---------
Unfortunately I could not do as he told. I tried standing, but the excitement just made me clumsy and topples right into the sea water! That was my 1st attempt with the water. As I merge from the seawater, the first I had was Anton’s (my surfing instructor) pearl-white teeth. That fella was having fun watching me topple!
Anyhow, on my 3rd attempt I managed to stand up on the board and did a little surfing. Woohoo!! Pro right? It was magnificent to feel the board under my control. But of course, that feeling only lasted for like .... 5 seconds? Hahaha! Subsequently, I drank loads of water in my attempts. Needless to say my worthless attempts includes bumping my head, scratched my knees and so on. All in all, during the 1-hour surfing session I managed to stand up successfully for 3 times! My family who were on the beach was laughing and teasing all the time while they watch their pitiful young princess performs a monkey-show. * How supportive right? What could a girl asked for more?* But what the hell?! I had fun!!
During the post-surfing-trauma, my family and I decided to analyse the reason for my failure to surf properly and we came out with a conclusion. I was just too overly clumsy. So the next time I’m in Bali (which is 1 month from now) I shall definitely trim up my skills a little more!

0 comments:
Post a Comment