Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lightning

The lightning flashes and I twitched, closing both my eyes and ears, awaiting the inevitable thunder. You held my hand, looking at me in the eye and smile. Then you said, “You must smile my love, because the sky is taking a picture of you. And the thunder is the sky’s camera clicking.”

I smiled. And you patted my head, praising me.

“Did you know, I smiled not because I want the sky to take the best of me?”

“Did you know, I smiled not because I want to overcome my fear?”

“Did you know, I smiled because the look in you just stole the best of my heart away?”

You would never know, cause’ to you, I might meant nothing.

In the end, I still smile. Cause having the memory forever remembered is the only picture I ever needed of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment